This problem can occur for various reasons, including significant changes to the training area, like moving furniture or a new light source. Try some of these solutions.
- Check the boundaries of the training area and remove any obstructions.
- Changes in light direction or intensity of light can also affect tracking. Ensure that the area is bright enough to read a book without direct intense light.
- Reset the boundaries of the training area.
- From the computer, open the Steam VR app.
- Click and then select Room Setup.
- Choose the type of play area, and then follow the prompts.
- Clear the environmental information by following the steps in this VIVE article, "Troubleshoot VIVE Cosmos."
- Check for updates in Steam.